Wednesday, October 8, 2008

His Ego may be Larger than Alaska...

but his stingers are hotter than it's governor. Karma, meet Sarah Palin.



I've avoided making any commentary on this election for a few reasons. First, that's not really the purpose of this blog. And no, I can't tell you the actual purpose of this blog. Second, I'm nervous to take a stance that creates a historical stamp. It's like people driving around with those Gore/Lieberman stickers on the bumper of their Chevy's.'

But Sarah Palin disgusts me. And not because she is a cliche, or a woman who clearly substitutes 'cute' for substance. No, the reason Ms. Palin tickles my gag reflex is because she makes us look bad. Or, at least the us that have a vagina. I am disappointed with a woman who has accepted the position for one of the most powerful positions in the country, and possibly the world. I'm disappointed when I watch her falter and stumble and ineffectively try to manipulate her way out of any situation that requires her to be everything that she is not. Bold, strong, intelligent, controlled, deliberate, and confidant. Oh yeah, and that whole leadership thing. I'm sad because I've watched her turn into in a wannabe bully. No original thought, no original purpose, absolutely no creativity. Just riding the coattails of the smart kids and makings quips that end in an -in.

I think Anne Lamott has a better idea. I think that as women, we should support those who possess the fire. There are enough women out there who incite support from being dramatic, mean, "sassy," and otherwise useless. We all could stand to channel a little Molly Ivins.

I still believe in Hope - mostly because there's no such place as Fingers Crossed, Arkansas.
- Molly Ivins

No comments: