Monday, December 3, 2007

Who's House?

If I could choose any celebrity to hang out with, I would choose Rev. Run and his family. I know I'd be excited to meet the Rev, but the idea of chilling with his family gets me just as pumped. Me and Justine could bust a move, I could play video games with Diggy and Russy. Angela and Vanessa could do my makeup. Seriously. Let's make this happen.

I talked to my mom tonight, and she was telling me about all the crafty projects she has going on for the holiday season. I didn't inherit one crafty little gene from my mother. This woman can make a holiday spread out of a toothpick and a maraschino cherry. I can knit lumpy scarves and pre-heat the oven. Would I consider myself creative? Sure. But crafty? Only by the Beastie Boys' definition.

On a heavier note, I had group today. I was going to give the rundown of today's events, but it's too emotionally exhausting. So I'll say this. If you read this, and you pray, or meditate, or even send up smoke signals, please keep my friend Sherri in your thoughts. She is a kind soul with practically no support system and she's having a really hard time right now.

For blaming myself for your unhappiness
And for my impatience when I was perfect where I was
Ignoring all the signs that I was not ready,
And expecting myself to be where you wanted me to be

To whom do I owe the first apology?
No one's been crueler than I've been to me.

No comments: