Thursday, February 14, 2008

Bodacious TaTa's

I have a new hero, and her name is Margaux Laskey.



I could probably spend an entire day talking about how affected I was by this woman, but I really think that I can sum it all up in a few points.

  • I love that this performance opens up discussion about body image, dieting, and eating disorders within families.
  • I think it's great that Margaux addresses media and advertising in a humorous way. It doesn't sound bitter or martyr-ish.
  • I love the imagery of the mannequins with bold numbers across the chest. It makes the topic of disordered eating more palpable.
  • The symbolism of both the number 8 and the sizeate concept. Because exclusivity is so overated.

An event occurred today that reminded of how wonderful my life really is. I forget sometimes to be grateful for the people and things in my life that are good and true. It's days like today that motivate me to get better and be a positive light to others. It's days like today when I can't help but smile.

Sing it like you mean it

Make me believe it

Dream it like you own it

The party aint stoppin till we've outgrown it

No comments: